OCTOBER IS OUR EXCUSE FOR EVERYTHING PUMPKIN (FALL)
Yes! We’re quite aware Halloween lovers, it’s that time of the year where we all dress up in those crazy costumes, kiddies go off to trick or treat and we even visit the horror that lurks inside at Universal Studios for Halloween Horror Nights. Before all of that carving and the lighting up of those terrifying jack-o-’lanterns, here are a few insiders you should know.
Pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin pies, we know all too well. With bright orange even white, blue and red colors coming in all shapes and sizes, pumpkins have so much to offer.
Ready for our insiders?
– BETTER VISION: Pumpkin contains more than 200% of the daily-recommended Vitamin A intake and it’s great for your eyes. Vitamin A also slows the progression of several diseases, including Retinitis Pigmentosa and Stargardt’s diseases. Studies show Vitamin A supplements slowed the decline of Retinitis Pigmentosa by 32% among patients age 18-49.
– BETTER SLEEP: We all wish we can sleep all day long but for those that don’t quite get that full 8 hours, pumpkin can help J
– Pumpkin seeds are rich in Tryptophan, an amino acid that contributes to sleepiness, thus helping you get a good night’s rest.
– WEIGHT LOSS: Summer has officially ended, and for those that haven’t yet started that workout regiment just yet or wish to continue what you’ve started, guess what? Our little friend “ Mr. Pumpkin Spice “ helps aid weight loss as well… OH YEAH!
This super food is low-calorie, high in fiber and packed with potassium. So, why not add it to our diet and enjoy your workout.
– A HEALTHIER <3 : Protect that heart of yours with pinch of pumpkin. Studies also show in the Journal of the American Medical Association that people who ate high in fiber had a 40% lower risk of coronary heart disease compared to those who followed a low-fiber diet. Fiber protects the heart, by maintaining your love for a healthy lifestyle and lowering your blood pressure by nibbling on the pumpkin seeds full of natural Phytoestrogens, both prevent you from heart disease and hypertension. So, pumpkin lovers, as you light those lanterns, don’t forget all our insiders that you can add to your daily lifestyle to help boost your wellbeing. A little added bonus, don’t get forget to check out Cenote Day Spa @ Bahama Bay for your fall specials just to name a few: HARVEST BLISS -$119 Enjoy a 50 minute Swedish Massage –OR-a 50 minute Dermalogica Skin Care Treatment followed by our new Pumpkin Spice Pedicure with Hot Stone Massage on the lower and feet. Or try the pedicure alone for only $ 49! Katelyn Weikart